BEFORE YOU CONTINUE
Would you like a template to help you plan your meals for the week ahead? Let me send you my Weekly Meal Planner. Fill it out each week and then post it on your fridge and begin reaping the benefits of meal planning.
Click Here to gain access to the menu template.
Well, my 2-week vegan experiment is complete. I have been 99.9% vegan for 14 days to see if my energy levels and skin improve – I couldn’t pull a 100%.
I kept using half and half for my coffee. I tried though, for 48 hours I tried really, really hard.
You see lately I have been feeling less than energetic (okay, let’s be honest, all I feel like doing in the evening is sitting on the couch and binge watching NetFlix), and just out of the blue my skin has been acting up and pulling a temper tantrum.
This temper tantrum has come in the form of dryness and oiliness (is that even possible? Oh yes it is!), with zits and all. I truly thought I was done with this shit at puberty.
Apparently in mid-life we also hit a rough patch.
99.9% Vegan – Did It Work
After 2-weeks I can honestly say I… don’t feel much different. I had a feeling I wouldn’t though.
I do not eat a lot of meat to begin with and I enjoy fresh veggies and fruit everyday. I also (as you may know if you have been reading my blogs), prepare a lot of the meals that I eat and avoid sugar, bad fats, refined carbs, packaged foods and eating out for a majority of my week – yes, I said a majority of my week.
I still eat the aforementioned. I am not one of those trainers who lives the perfect healthy lifestyle. I envy my counterparts who do and who can maintain it 24/7, but I stopped a long time ago trying to aspire to perfection. Age does have its benefits and not giving a damn is one of them.
But, I wanted to try vegan because I am not a girl who sits on the sidelines and whines about the hardships that I am going through (like a few zits and sitting on the couch is a real hardship anyways – jeez PJ, get a grip).
Instead, I make changes to see if I can correct what is happening to me and then I move on.
Will I Stay Vegan?
Will I stay vegan? No, I will go back to adding eggs and Greek yogurt to my weekly menu, as well as cheese to spice up some of my meals, but I really don’t have a craving for meat.
And this is freaking poor loving husband.
He loves meat, but since I do all of the grocery shopping and all of the cooking if I don’t do meat his chances of doing meat are very slim too.
Lucky for him he knows how to dial for *take-out.
[* Loving husband just read this and said I usually do that too, so he’s screwed.}
Catch Up On Previous Week’s Menus
Our Christmas Tree
Week 10 Menu Plan
- Egg frittata with a side of mixed nuts which I will prep today (Sunday)
- I find just a piece of frittata does not completely fill me up, but add a 1/4 c of mixed nuts and viola – stomach, brain and energy levels are all happy and humming along smoothly.
- I will use my slow-cooker frittata recipe, but bake it in the oven for 40-minutes at 375 degrees and use whatever veggies I have in the ol’ crisper.
- Today, Sunday, I will prep Maple Baked Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and a BAS (big ass salad) for my lunches for Monday through Thursday. Friday is a free for all cause it’s STAR WARS!
- This amazing recipe is from the rockstar of the recipe/blog world, Angela Liddon AKA, Oh She Glows. Her blog and her cookbook are a few of my favourite things and I think I would freak out waaaaaaaay more meeting her than I would meeting Han Solo (Harrison Ford, for you non-Star Wars readers).
- She is a force to be reckoned with in the kitchen and I have NEVER had a bad recipe from her. I. Adore. Her.
- Now, back to STAR WARS. As of today, Sunday December 13, it is only 5 more sleeps until the movie that I have been waiting for since I was seven years old comes to theatres. I have had tickets for weeks, and I have already warned loving husband that I may shed some tears of happiness when the opening credits start. I’m not joking. I openly weeped when I first saw the trailer.
Maple Baked Lentils – Oh She Glows
- I work late and will not feel like cooking when I get home so we will enjoy the White Bean Turkey Chili that is in the freezer.
- It is now 4 more sleeps until STAR WARS.
- Baked salmon with lemon juice and dill with a side of rice for loving husband, quinoa for me and some sautéed green beans with garlic.
- It is now 3 more sleeps until STAR WARS.
FIT TIP: Have bad knees and wondering how to strengthen them? Try my No Squat, No Lunge Leg Workout – it’s the perfect program for you.
- Healthy Pork Fried Rice that I have in the freezer.
- It is now 2 more sleeps until STAR WARS.
Sesame Orange Beef with Bean Sprouts and Green Beans from The Everyday Maven
- It is now only 24 hours away from STAR WARS. OMG.
- It’s here! STAR WARS is here! Today! Finally!
- I have my tickets printed and a back up pair also printed and in my coat AND another copy on my phone!
- I also will bring a spare set of eye contacts just in case somehow the ones in my eyeballs mysteriously pop out and I have to put in a fresh pair.
- I have our seats assigned! I have my Darth Vadar tee clean and ready!
- We will be leaving a couple of hours before the movie starts so there is enough time JUST in case:
- We run out of gas
- There is traffic
- We hit every red light
- The BC government applies a new law that morning that cars can only drive at 30 km/h
- There is an accident
- We get in an accident
- The car breaks down
- A natural disaster happens (in which case I will ride my bike there)
- Zombies invade the Lower Mainland (in which case I will ride my bike even faster there)
- There is a line up of other Star Wars dazed geeks like me at the theatre
- Only my own death will stop me from going to this movie today. I have all contingencies in place for anything else that could happen.
- As for food, I will probably be way too bloody excited to eat.
TIRED OF TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT WORKOUTS YOU
SHOULD BE DOING
GRAB MY 25 DAY FITNESS PROGRAM AND LET ME DO THE PROGRAMMING FOR YA.
FIT & FIERCE...
HERE WE COME.