Pelvic Floor & Stabilization Exercises for Women Over 40
These basic pelvic stabilization exercises will help to stabilize and strengthen your pelvic floor, as well as assist with SI joint issues or dysfunction. I also add in some traditional core work so you get the full meal deal!
Try this after a cardio or strength workout.
small ball (Bender Ball)
1. Pelvic tilt – cue no leg muscles – image someone’s hand is under your LB & you’re flattening your LB – hold 3 sec x10
2. Ball squeezes OR yoga block squeezes – hold pelvic tilt hold
ADV: bring knees to 90/90 (keeping the pelvic tilt) & press into thighs with hands
3. Kegels – 3 sec contract, 3 sec rest x10
4. Bridge with hold (2 sec hold)
5. Seated, legs straight, hands behind ears, kegal & twist to 1 side x10
6. Side plank with arm lifting up & reaching under 40sec
7. Other side 40sec
8. Dead bug 40sec
9. Quadrupled arm & leg lift 40sec
TIRED OF TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT WORKOUTS YOU
SHOULD BE DOING
GRAB MY 21 DAY FITNESS PROGRAM AND LET ME DO THE PROGRAMMING FOR YA.
FIT & FIERCE...
HERE WE COME.