Not sure what to cook this week? Check out what I prepping and making for myself and picky loving husband for some inspiration and ideas.
Notes about last week’s meals
- The protein pancakes were awesome. I also bought some raspberries and sprinkled them on top. It was so convenient to have these already made and in the freezer. I just pulled one out the night before and popped it in my toaster oven each morning.
- The Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Noodle Soup was also a keeper! I added a red pepper and an onion to the slow cooker too. But, super easy, sure filling and super healthy.
- WHAT I WILL NEVER MAKE AGAIN?? The Baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole. I threw the whole damn thing out. It was gross and I was pissed because I bought $10 worth of ground bison, not to mention all the other ingredients. I knew it sucked before I even served it. While the sauce was simmering I tasted it and hated it – and knew that picky loving husband would hate it even more. So, I threw it right then and there. I think it’s the stevia she has you add in the recipe. I really don’t think you need it. But, nonetheless, I will never make it again.
Catch Up On Previous Week’s Menus
- Superfood Porridge from the amazing Oh She Glows website.
- Angela, of Oh She Glows, also has the most wonderful cookbook out too. If you are looking for a gift for Christmas (for a healthy eater in your life), you have to go and pick up her book!
- Hers is also one the BEST food blogs on the internet.
Superfood Porridge – Oh She Glows
- As always, I will prep enough lunch for Monday – Thursday leaving my Friday open to eat out with a friend or colleague, or have my fave PB and a banana on Wasa bread, shot back with a chocolate protein shake (read here: why you need protein with every meal).
- This week’s lunch: Kale and Apple Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing – this seriously looks like a winner and I can’t wait to try it!
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast with mashed carrots & parsnips
- I already have this in my freezer and made my own taco seasoning mix and added parsnips to it as well. We have had this before and my carrots never really made it out of the slow cooker whole like hers show in the picture on her website. So, I just mashed them up with the parsnips and all was right again with world.
- Kale salad as a side
- Meatless Monday, otherwise known as loving husband’s least favourite day of the week. Read here about how a mushroom traumatized him close to death.
- Crockpot Black Bean Soup, from Joyful Healthy Eats – finger’s crossed picky loving husband eats this.
- I hate throwing away food, so since I still have some asparagus leftover from last week’s slow cooker frittata I am going to make another frittata.
- This time, however, I will sauté the asparagus with some olive oil, along with a yellow pepper and a half of an onion with 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning.
- From there I will pour all the veggies into an 8×8 casserole dish and add 6 eggs and a cup of egg whites, whisked well.
- On top I will sprinkle some goat’s cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes
- TIP: to make your asparagus last store the whole bunch upright in a mug, with about an inch of water. I can get my asparagus to last up to a week like this.
- It’s “On Our Own Night”. My group classes start up again this week, so that means that I won’t get home until 7:30pm and I will be too exhausted from kicking people’s asses for two classes, back-to-back (it’s a tough job, but someone’s gotta do it) to cook.
- So, since it’s late, and I’ll be tired, we will just do our own thing. What is my “own thing”, as of right this moment I have no idea what my own thing will be. Picky loving husband, on the other hand, I will bet the house that he will prepare himself a can of Campbell’s Tomato Soup (his fave soup), with half a sleeve of Premium Plus crackers smushed up in the soup, accompanied with two PB and grape jelly sandwiches. I bet ya…
- Baked salmon with some lemon juice and dill, with a baked potatoe for picky loving husband and baked Brussel sprouts for me.
- Sautéed green beans with garlic and olive oil for both of us as a side
- Eat out or take out – cause I ain’t cooking tonight.
- Turkey Burgers with sweet potatoe fries for me and Tator Tots for picky loving husband
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies in the World
TIRED OF TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WORKOUTS YOU
SHOULD BE DOING?
GRAB MY 21-DAY FITNESS PROGRAM AND LET ME DO THE PROGRAMMING FOR YA.
FIT & FIERCE...
HERE WE COME.