Stretches for a Better Night’s Sleep
If you struggle with falling asleep this is the perfect routine for you. These stretches aim to give you a better night’s sleep.
For 15-minutes I lead you through a series of gentle stretches aimed at releasing all the muscles that get tight on us during day.
You will feel a lightness and a relief throughout the whole body afterwards, setting yourself up for a peaceful deep sleep.
These are the perfect stretches for a better night’s sleep.
A Better Night’s Sleep
Some sleep stats from Statistics Canada:
- Men sleep less than women. However, that’s a pile of you-know-what at my house.
- Peri and menopausal women sleep the least out of any age bracket for women.
- People who work full-time sleep (on average) 24 minutes less than those who worked part-time or not at all.
- Working in shifts (shift workers) can affect a person’s sleep and health – since the night is the body’s most natural time to heal and rejuvenate.
- Individuals with a personal income of $60,000 or more sleep 40 minutes less than those who make less than $20,000. Researcher’s believe it’s due to longer working days and commutes.
- On average married Canadians sleep 24 minutes less than unmarried Canadians.
- Kids deprive parents of sleep. Individuals who had one child sleep, on average, 17 minutes less than those who don’t, and parents with two children on average 25 minutes (sorry, no data on 3+ more kids).
- Being stressed for time greatly affects sleep. Canadians who reported feeling highly time-crunched slept almost half an hour less than people who indicated they have a low level of time stress.
If you have problems with sleep I highly recommend these posts I have on the site:
How To Improve Your Sleep (audio)
Things You Didn’t Know About Sleep
TIRED OF TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT WORKOUTS YOU
SHOULD BE DOING
GRAB MY 21 DAY FITNESS PROGRAM AND LET ME DO THE PROGRAMMING FOR YA.
FIT & FIERCE...
HERE WE COME.