CO2 LASER – THE BEST SKINCARE TREATMENT
CO2 Laser – The Best Skincare Treatment
If there was one skincare procedure that I could go back in time and recommend to my younger self it would be a CO2 laser.
In fact, I love this procedure (and the results) so much I would make it a point to stop my younger self on the street to tell her about it.
I would tell her/us that it is the perfect fitness solution for our skin (talking our language so we listen).
I would then go on and explain to my younger self that a CO2 laser will tighten and tone our face just as well as all those squats and lunges tighten and tone our glutes.Eat. Sleep. Squat. Repeat. #FitnessMotivation Click To Tweet
Best skin procedure
A CO2 laser is one of the best skincare procedures to treat:
- Acne scars
- Age spots
- Sun damage
- Crow’s feet
- Droopy eyelids
- Sagging skin
My Fight Against Father Time
I have also tried, through the years, a number of different skincare lines (my current favourites are the Zo Skincare line by Dr. Obagi and SkinMedica), and I wear sunscreen religiously (this is my personal fave).
I am always on the hunt for what will give me the best results and science has not let me down.
What is a CO2 Laser
The CO2 laser, or the fractionated CO2 laser, itself isn’t new. It was invented in 1964 however, to this day it is considered the gold-standard in laser treatments.
It is one of the highest-powered and most efficient lasers currently available on the market.
The CO2 laser can even be used to fight the battle with skin cancer – “laser-ing” off the cancerous lesions on a patient’s body, therefore saving them from possible multiple visits to the doctor (if there is more than one lesion), and the the scarring that can occur when these lesions are removed without laser.
After my treatment I found:
- The sagging, droopiness around my eyes and jowls lifted
- My fine lines around my eyes and mouth disappeared
- The deep sun damage (damage an IPL laser could not get to) gone – completely!
- My pore size completely reduced in one treatment, and in some areas by more than half.
- My acne scarring gone, in addition to a scar that I had on my cheek from a baseball (that is a painful story for another blog)
CO2 laser changed my face and kinda my life (as well as my new semi-permanent eyelashes – love them!).
CO2 Laser Facelift
The CO2 laser works by resurfacing and removing outer layers of damaged skin, revealing the underlying skin which is softer, smoother, and younger looking.
The CO2 laser can be used to treat the some of the face, all of the face, as well as the neck and chest.
The intensity can be adjusted at any time during the procedure, giving the physician much more control over the end results.
With this control comes a completely customizable laser treatment for your wants and desires. For example, I had more sun damage along the sides of my face so my physician went more intense there, versus my cheeks where my main concern was my pore size.
In addition there are varying levels of CO2 laser treatments.
I had an extremely strong treatment which had some downtime afterwards. This is what I wanted and requested. However, a CO2 laser can be adjusted for a lighter intensity giving you just a bit, to no, downtime.
It all depends on your skincare needs, and what you and your physician determine is the best fit for you.A woman should be two things: who and what she wants. Click To Tweet
Skincare Products I Use for My Over-40 Skin
- Gentle cleanser – I wash my face every PM and AM. Currently I am using Orgin’s Antioxidant Cleanser with White Tea from Sephora
- ZO Oil Control Pads – I use these every PM to help remove oil. It also helps to normalize my pore size and gets any residual make-up my cleanser might have missed. ZO Skincare line
- Vitamin C – C-Bright 10% every AM to help brighten and re-texturize my skin. ZO Skincare Line
- Sunscreen – I apply every day of the year and also to my neck and decollage if needed. Elta Clear SPF 46
- Retinol – every PM to help battle all the signs of aging (I have been using a retinol for over 20 years). Brightenex ZO Skincare line
- Growth factors serum – every AM and PM to help strength my skin and protect it from aging. TNS Essential Serum Skinmedica
- Moisturizer – every AM. Daily Power Defense ZO Skincare Line
- Eye cream – every AM and PM and I am addicted to Skinmedica TNS Eye Repair (it rocks!)
- Exfoliant – 2-3 times a week I exfoliant or a cleaner, smoother, more even-toned complexion. ZO Exfoliating Polish
NOTE: all of the products above I buy at View Skin Laser Rejuvenation (with the exception of the cleanser).
When I first set out looking for help with my skin I did my research and decided to book a consultation with Dr. Ray at View Skin Laser Rejuvenation, to get his professional opinion.
After sitting with Dr. Ray and his staff I felt so comfortable. He had addressed my concerns and created a treatment plan that not only fit with my personal schedule but also my financial.
Our first step was to address fine lines and loss of facial volume through a “soft lift” this is where Dr. Ray injects a hyaluronic filler to soften my appearance to create a more refreshed me! He then relaxed my facial muscles with Botox, to help soften my expression lines without completely taking them away. Next, Dr. Ray customized a simple skin care regimen to prep my skin and condition it for the gold standard laser treatment, the CO2.
Although one treatment will provide lots of outstanding benefits, continuing to take care of your skin with ongoing skincare and SPF, and also a series of CO2’s (2-3), will provide the ultimate of results. I highly recommend Dr. Ray and View Laser Skin Rejuvenation clinic.