THE BEST CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA RECIPE
The Best Cauliflower Crust Pizza Recipe
The best damn Cauliflower Crust Pizza.
I have am addicted to cauliflower crust pizza. It is my go-to meal on a Friday night. And the best part… it’s not even a cheat meal!
You can eat the whole damn pie and not feel guilty.You can't make everyone happy. You aren't a pizza. #Funny Click To Tweet
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
1 medium head of cauliflower, washed and dried
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, grated
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 egg *
2 tbsp almond flour
Pizza sauce (I use tomato sauce and mix in my own garlic and herbs)
More mozza for topping
However, you can add whatever topping floats your boat – but I highly recommend fresh basil. It’s so good!
- Place your pizza pan in a preheated 450 degree oven. You want to place your pie on an already hot pan.
- Wash and dry cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Pulse in a blender or food processor until you have rice consistency. You won’t need the stems at all. FYI: this part is very tedious if you don’t own a food processor – which I don’t. So, if there are any food manufacturers who are reading this may I suggest you start selling riced-up cauliflower. I would be a customer for life!
- Place cauliflower in a microwave dish, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Let the cauliflower cool (I put mine in the fridge) and then scoop it into a clean towel and wring out as much water as you can. This is crucial if you want a crust that will stay together.
- Place the cauliflower back into the bowl and add all the ingredients (with the exception of the toppings) and mix well.
- *If your cauliflower does not form a tight ball after this step you may need to add some liquid egg whites, in addition to the egg. It really depends on how big your cauliflower is… cause size does matter with this recipe.
- Form your crust on a sprayed piece of parchment paper.
- Place parchment on the pan that was heating up in the oven and bake for 20-minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the crust. This is my secret to getting a crisp, bread-like crust! I simply place another piece of sprayed parchment on top and flip the pan.
- Place back into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it, though. You want it golden brown.
- Once browned, pull from the oven and add your sauce and toppings and then place back in the oven for another 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and is all bubbly and yummy looking.
Nutrition Facts (for crust only):
Fat: 19g (high due to the almond flour)
Saturated Fat: 5.5g
Sodium: 1216 mg (a little high due to the cheese)
Sugar: 11.7 g
The crust on a cauliflower crust pizza is really the bulk of the calories if you only add a 1/4 cup of sauce, and use the toppings that I suggest. If you follow those instructions you will be eating a whole pie that is under 600 calories.
Pretty damn good considering a medium cheese pizza (that’s with no toppings) from Panago is 1,680 calories.