A Trainer’s Weekly Menu – Week 11
A full week’s account, including recipes and tips to help you eat healthier, of what a trainer eats as well as how I prep for someone who loves vegetables (me), and someone who does not (loving husband).
Happy New Year! I hope you had a great Christmas. Loving husband and I had a fantastic 2 weeks, but like a majority of people we ate too much and I drank too much. Even us trainer’s fall off the wagon.
It’s a new year, though, and it’s back to regular routines and meal planning and prepping.
Healthy Meal Plan
If you need to get yourself back-on-track I urge you to join me in my meal plans. All the recipes I choose are low in sh*it and high in nutrients.
I also plan my healthy meals so that fit in into my busy life. My prep is basic and there are no long-winded recipes that only Martha Stewart would love.
Just basic meals, using whole-foods.
Unbeknown to loving husband he is on a sugar detox now, or as much as I can control a sugar detox for him. You see he hides candy all over the house and eats it after I go to bed.
He does not hide this candy because he is hiding the fact that he is eating it from me. No, instead, he is hiding the candy because I asked him to.
You see when it hits a certain time of the month I get big-time cravings and another PJ emerges, I call her bad-PJ.
Bad-PJ is a bad influence and she always wants chocolate.
Bad-PJ, however, does not know when to stop after a few chocolates, or peices of candy. She goes hard until the bag is finished and we feel like sh*t afterwards.
So, loving husband hides his candy from bad-PJ.
Catch Up On Previous Week’s Menus
Fave Pics from our Annual New Year’s Day Hike
Week 11 Healthy Meal Plan
- Overnight Oats. I love overnight oats (and you can even nuke them in the microwave in the morning if you prefer your oats warm). Click here for my Pomegranate and Blueberry Overnight Oats recipe.
- My daily detox drink. I swear by this drink. Click here for the recipe (it’s under Breakfast).
- Salad with tuna and 2 Wasa breads with melted cheese. Had this on Monday.
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup (which I made on Monday night), with cut veggies as a side dish. The soup and the cut veggies I prepped on Sunday.
PREP TIP: make at least 4 breakfasts and 4 lunches for the week. You will actually get more done, in less time, by prepping in bulk and at the same time.
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup. Click here for the recipe. I love this soup, loving husband is on the fence. However, this is a man who will only eat Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup and Tomato Soup. So it’s safe to say that he is not really a connoisseur of soup.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup – Skinny Ms
- Loving Husband’s Famous Tuna Salad. Okay, it’s not really famous, but it is one of the things I let him prep. He uses 5 cans of tuna, mixes in some mayo, relish and 5 chopped hard-boiled eggs.
- Yes, it is a bit high in sugar (due to the relish), and the mayo is not the healthiest option (I would prefer he used a smashed up avocado – but if I suggested that I already know the look I would get). So, I eat it as is on my Wasa crisps.
WORKOUT TIP: DON’T FORGET TO WARM-UP AT LEAST 5 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR WORKOUT. THIS WILL HELP PREPARE YOU AND YOUR MUSCLES FOR THE WORK TO BE DONE AND IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMANCE ONCE YOU GET GOING.
Turkey Enchilada Skillet – Skinny Ms
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS WORKOUT YET? IT’S PERFECT IF YOU ARE FEELING A LITTLE TIGHT & INFLEXIBLE.
- We are headed to see my fave director Quentin Tarantino’s new movie, “The Hateful 8”.
- It looks so good! However, it is 3 hours long (thank God we are going to a VIP theatre for this), and it starts at 5:20pm.
- This is a weird time, not really enough time for dinner beforehand, so we may order at the theatre (VIP has a full menu you can order in the theatre – as well as alcohol), or we may bring our own snacks. All I know is I ain’t cooking.